Awards & Achievements
UNICEF Rights Rewarding School - Bronze Award
As a Bronze Award-winning school we have:
- We have introduced the RRSA Three Strands into your school community
- Our senior leadership team (SLT) understands what is involved in the Award and is committed to embarking on the UNICEF UK Rights Respecting journey
- The right foundations are in place for our journey to the second stage of the Award, Silver: Rights Aware
Find out more: https://www.unicef.org.uk/rights-respecting-schools
Sainsbury School Games - Gold Mark Award
Valence has achieved the Sainsbury's School Games Gold Mark. This is a Government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. This is a fantastic achievement, well done to all the Valence Sport's Team for achieving this award! We will soon proudly display our certificate, pennant and plaque.
Find out more: www.yourschoolgames.com
Healthy Schools London - Gold Award
We have been awarded the Healthy Schools London Bronze Award based on Physical Education and Healthy Lifestyle.
Healthy Schools London is an Awards Programme that will reach out to every London child, working with schools to improve children and young people's wellbeing.
Find out more: Valence Primary School | Healthy Schools (london.gov.uk)
Schools Heritage Award
Developed in response to the government report on cultural education in England, our Heritage Schools programme aims to help school children develop an understanding of their local heritage and its significance.
Food Hygiene Ratings - Very Good
We hold a very high standard in the Food Standard Agencies (FSA) Food Hygiene Ratings award. We currently hold the highest score available, a 5 (Very Good). This rating demonstrates that we excel in the following...
- How hygienically the food is handled – how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
- The condition of the structure of the buildings – the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
- How to manage what we do to make sure food is safe and so that the officer can be confident standards will be maintained in the future
Find out more: Valence Primary School | Food Standards Agency
Tooth Friendly Nursery - Silver Award
Our Tooth Friendly Nursery - Silver Award was granted by North East London Outreach Dental Services.
Find out more: North East London Outreach Dental Services
Eco-Schools - Green Flag Award
Our Green Flag Award is currently under a scheduled review.
Eco-Schools in more than 70 countries around the world follow the same Seven Step framework, which has been designed to place young people in control of environmental actions in their school, local community and beyond.
Find out more: www.eco-schools.org.uk
Artsmark - Gold Award
Our Artsmark Award is currently under a scheduled review.
The Artsmark Award is the only creative quality standard for schools and education settings, accredited by Arts Council England.
Arts Council England supports settings to develop and celebrate their commitment to arts and cultural education for all children and young people. Their flexible framework helps embed arts, culture and creativity to support a broad and ambitious curriculum, strengthen pupil voice and support personal progression.
Find out more: www.artsmark.org.uk