Here at Valence, we promote the view that regular attendance is essential to ensure the best possible outcomes for children. We also feel that this is the responsibility of the whole school community.
Did you know...
Whilst an attendance figure of 90% does appear to be good, this is equal to missing half a day every week and across the whole year, is equal to four weeks of missed school work!
To encourage our pupils to have the best attendance possible, we have the following reward systems in place:
Weekly Attendance rewards
- The weekly attendance winners are announced in Friday's celebration assembly for lower school and upper school, who receive the attendance cup, teddy and 15 minutes extra playtime from the Headteacher.
- The winning class in each year group moves up the attendance tree every week.
Term Attendance rewards
Each child with 100% attendance will be presented with an award:
- One term with 100% will receive a bronze certificate and badge.
- Two terms with 100% will receive a silver certificate and badge.
- Three terms with 100% will receive a gold certificate, badge and a book. All children with 100% attendance will be entered into a raffle and one child will receive a grand prize.
Each child who reaches school attendance target will receive a certificate.
If you have any concerns regarding your child's attendance, please do not hesitate to contact the schools Attendance Manager.
Our attendance policy:
- Reception Bonham 2019 - 2020 (PDF)
- Year 1 Bonham 2019 - 2020 (PDF)
- Year 2 Bonham 2019 - 2020 (PDF)
- Year 3 Bonham 2019 - 2020 (PDF)
- Year 4 Bonham 2019 - 2020 (PDF)
- Year 5 Bonham 2019 - 2020 (PDF)
- Year 6 Bonham 2019 - 2020 (PDF)