ARC Teaching Assistant Vacancy
We are looking for SEND teaching assistants to join our team working in our Additionally Resourced Classrooms and alongside pupils in mainstream classes.
The successful candidates will be required to provide support in the following aspects:
- To work with children who have a range of needs including learning, behavioural and physical needs.
- To demonstrate resilience in managing the behaviour of children with needs.
- Remain calm under pressure and be able to adapt to change quickly.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and a genuine commitment to Inclusion.
This would suit candidates who are motivated, patient with a calm nature, having great verbal communication skills and a passion for making a difference.
You will need to hold GCSE qualifications in English and Mathematics as a minimum to apply and have recent and relevant classroom experience working with children with SEND. You will have high expectations of work and behaviour; be able to work effectively in a team and be flexible, as well as being able to show initiative.
We can offer:
- A supportive and forward-looking staff and governing body
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development
- A pleasant working environment and helpful staff in our successful school
Support staff application forms can be downloaded below or collected from either school office. Applications made by C.V. or from agencies will not be accepted.
Closing date for this post will be 7th October 2022 at 12pm.
Interviews will follow for selected candidates.
Valence Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applications.