Admissions for Reception September 2023
Keep up to date with the Admissions process for Reception September 2023.
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019, they will start school full-time in September 2023. You must therefore follow the Admissions process.
This move is not an automatic process. All parents must apply for a place even if your child is already at the school’s nursery or has a brother or sister at our school.
You can apply online here - www.eadmissions.org.uk
The online closing date is midnight on 15 January 2023. Applications received after this date are late and your child is not likely to get a place if we are oversubscribed.
You must read the admissions e-booklet ‘Starting school full-time in 2023’ before you apply. This e-booklet sets out the terms and conditions that you agree to when you apply for a school place.
If you try to apply online and you cannot see your exact address in the list, or the schools you want to apply for are not listed, you must contact the School Admissions Team before 5pm on 13 January 2023 or your application will be late.
If you have any technical difficulties when making your application online, the 'Online admissions helpdesk’ is available Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Call 020 8255 5555 and select option 1.
If you still need help after calling the helpdesk, please email or phone us – our details are below.
Telephone: 020 8215 3004
Results will be posted on 17 April 2023. You must then reply by 2 May 2023 or your child will not have a school place.
Key points, dates & links for September 2023 Admission
- All parents MUST apply online for their child’s school place. Please contact the Local Authority online for help.
- Parents must apply online no later than 15 January 2023 at either www.eadmissions.org.uk or use the link at www.lbbd.gov.uk/admissions
- Each applicant can list up to six schools in any borough as their preference.
- All London Local Authorities use the eAdmissions site for online applications.
- Pupils applying late may miss their opportunity of a place at Valence.
- Receipts - The parent’s or carer’s receipt is their Application Reference Number (ARN) if they apply online. Full details are outlined on page 2 of the e-booklet about getting a receipt.
- Offers are sent to parents from 17 April 2023.
- Once offered a place parents will be given until 2 May 2023 to accept the place offered to them. If parents do not reply, the offer will be withdrawn and that child’s place may be offered to another pupil.