June 2021 Newsletter
Keep up to date with news from across both sites and upcoming events with our monthly newsletters.
We were not surprised by the content of the PM’s announcement on Monday about the postponement to the ending of the current restrictions. We were, however, saddened, as this has an impact on some of our summer term plans.
We had been hoping to open up to include parents & carers in-person at sports days, productions, celebrations, etc. However, we do not now believe that this would be a safe move at this time, and so we will be organising events to be held in bubbles and without visitors on-site.
We continue to abide by our Risk Assessment with pupils staying in bubbles, promoting good hygiene and mask-wearing in communal areas by all adults. Please do not send your child to school if they display any symptoms but take them for a COVID test as soon as possible. All school staff take tests twice weekly.
Our before and after school provision (GEMS) is operating on both sites, and we have spaces. Please enquire at the offices should you wish to know more details.
Everyone is welcome to join our virtual meetings with our Parent Support Advisers:
- St. George’s Thursdays 2.00pm
- Bonham Thursdays 11.30am
The invite is contained in the Parentmail sent out every week.
Please avoid coming into the offices with forgotten packed lunches, PE kits, etc., as this can cause overcrowding and social distancing is difficult. This also causes a lot of extra work for the very busy office staff. Where possible, use the phone, email or ClassDojo to communicate information.
What a scorcher…….
Due to the hot weather could parents please provide their child with:
- a sun hat and a water bottle.
Please apply sun cream before school, and for children who suffer with hay fever to be given medication before school to ease the symptoms during the day.
- The younger children love to play with “baby” items - please can we have donations of baby dolls to dress, wash and cuddle, and a cot would be nice too.
- Buckets and spades - don't throw them away - EYFS have sand waiting to turn into castles.
- Trowels and watering cans – send them our way………
We have a selection of nearly new school uniform available in The Roost free of charge. Please contact the offices, who will be happy to assist you. If you have any uniform in good condition to donate to the school, please bring it in to the school office.
Despite the ongoing restrictions pupils have been able to engage in a number of exciting ventures this term:
- the Big Sing with Young Voices
- Tokyo Mass dance at Bonham
- Y4 artwork with a local Arts Organisation, Bow Arts
- Tri Golf
- Masks to be worn in the playgrounds by adults, unless you have an exemption.
- No dogs in the playgrounds, even if being carried.
- Scooters and bikes to be pushed, not ridden, in the playground.
- Please help the pupils arrive on time…..don’t miss a minute of the school day!
- Black footwear only.
You can download our Newsletter as a PDF below.