Remote Learning January 2021
To support children’s learning during this time, we have prepared Google Classroom as a way of providing activities and lessons directly to children, and ClassDojo to allow parents/carers to communicate directly with teachers.
Google Classroom is an online learning platform that allows teachers to create ‘assignments’ for children to complete online and return to their teacher. We aim to provide several lessons or activities per day. These will be in Maths, Literacy, Reading and Topic work. Children have been given a card with logins for Google Classroom, along with any other online services that your child has been using. Please monitor due dates for assignments to help ensure all work is submitted to teachers each day.
To access Google Classroom:
- Go to classroom.google.com (we recommend doing this on a laptop, but this can also be accessed by downloading the apps on a tablet or phone if needed - Google Docs & Google Classroom)
Note: please log out of any personal Google accounts before logging in using your child’s username and password.
- Select your child’s class and select the ‘classwork’ tab. This is where your child’s teacher will post activities and lessons.
- Please submit your child’s work using the ‘turn in’ button within the assignment. You can attach a photo of the work or send a photo of the work on Google Classroom.
We do recognise that this may not be fully accessible to all families and that there may be technical difficulties accessing and completing the work online. To address this, we have provided children with exercise books that the work can be completed in (simply use the ‘private comment’ section to let your child’s teacher know they have completed the work in their exercise book).
Additionally, you may upload a photo of your child’s work using the ‘turn in’ function.
If you have not done so already, we are asking parents/carers to create accounts on ClassDojo and connect with their child’s class account.
- Go to classdojo.com (or download the Class Dojo app)
- Select ‘sign up’ and then select ‘parent’
- Enter the code provided previously (either by letter or ParentMail). If you require a class dojo code, please speak to the office.
Class Dojo is the main method of communication with your child’s teacher. Please do not contact the offices for questions regarding Google Classroom and lesson work. Please only contact your child’s teacher with questions relating to their work, this will allow teachers to focus on helping children at this time.
Any other updates will be communicated via Parentmail as normal.
More information, including access to all remote learning materials, can be found on our Remote Learning Hub.